The size and weight of baggage on the plane is strictly determined and limited. A series of rules prescribed by the airlines clearly determine the permitted dimensions of suitcases and their weight. Luggage on a plane is a very important item when traveling and it is recommended that you always ask before you start packing. Otherwise, you may incur negligible additional costs if you deviate from the prescribed rules.
Hand luggage: dimensions and weight
The dimensions and weight of hand luggage varies with each airline. You bring hand luggage with you on the plane and it should be placed in the space above or in front of the seat. You should be very careful when it comes to hand luggage, because if it deviates from the rules by just two centimeters, the luggage will be placed in the hold of the plane and will be charged as checked baggage. You should also remember the following: the dimensions of hand luggage include all parts that protrude, such as the handle, pockets, wheels and the like. The standard rule is that the baggage brought into the plane must not exceed 8-10 kg.
Hand luggage packing
Passengers who want to take only hand luggage on the plane for a trip, especially in low-budget companies, have to be particularly resourceful when packing. On this occasion, we selected a few tips:
- It is always more practical when you choose a backpack instead of a suitcase for hand luggage. The backpack is more elastic, and if necessary, you can carry a few extra things. In this way, you can reduce the size of the backpack.
- In pharmacies and drugstores, you can buy small bottles of shampoo, soap, small paste and other cosmetics and thus save space.
- The technique of stacking things is of great importance, and the most popular is rolling the wardrobe and packing one thing next to another in order to save space.
- Pack your laptop and other similar items on top of your bag.
- Put the documents you need for the trip in the outer pocket.
- With low-cost airlines, it is not typical for babies to be allowed hand luggage. All accessories, including baby food, must be carried in hand luggage by the guardian, who does not receive additional baggage allowance.
What you should carry in your hand luggage
Pack your valuables, jewelry, documents, and money in your hand luggage on the plane. Possibly something from breakable things like cameras, cameras, laptops or glass objects. When packing hand luggage, take into account the regulations regarding the amount of liquids that are allowed to be brought into the plane. This applies to baths, gels, toothpastes and lotions. It is allowed to transport liquid in bottles with a maximum volume of 100 ml. All bottles together must be packed in a transparent plastic bag with a maximum volume of 1 liter. Exceptions to the prescribed rules apply when transporting baby food and necessary medicines that the passenger must use during the flight. There are no restrictions when it comes to the transfer of food. You are allowed to take sandwiches, pastries, sweets, fruit and other products with you.
Checked baggage: dimensions
In addition to hand luggage, there is certainly also luggage that is handed over at check-in and goes into the hold of the plane. As this luggage is often knocked over during transport, and when bringing it onto the plane, care should be taken not to pack anything breakable in it. Its size and weight must comply with the rules of the airline, but the number of pieces of baggage that can be checked is equally important. The number of bags or suitcases you can check in depends on the travel class of your booking. The final price is influenced by several factors, including the number of pieces of luggage, their weight, travel dates (during the season the price is higher) or the type of flight.